RESEARCH-DEVELOPMENT CENTER FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT AND INNOVATION (RDCSI)
The Research-Development Center for Sustainable Development and Innovation (RDCSI) at University College Bedër is a basic unit organized at the Faculty of Technology and Business.
The Center conducts independent and academic research activities held by the Faculty of Technology and Business likewise the other basic unit of University College Bedër, Faculty of Humanities and Law. The Center conducts research and development activities in the field of sustainable development and innovation. According to the structure of national and international projects, the research center cooperates with other development research units inside and outside the country.
The mission of the Centre is to contribute to the country and eventually the region and beyond in achieving sustainable development in all its dimensions - economic, social, and environmental - by translating sustainable development goals into meaningful policies and solutions through innovative long-term projects and short-term in the field of technology, business and beyond.
Furthermore, innovation programs aim to increase the creative potential of students, to contribute to the development of an innovative project-oriented curriculum and tailored to the needs of society and industry. Such programs and projects envisaged to be developed by the center will enable students to connect with real-world problems in all areas and seek innovative solutions to problems.
The vision of the center is to become a model of excellence, a leader in promoting sustainable development and innovation, returning to the fireplace of cultivating the best values in function of future multidisciplinary training of professionals.
The center aims to increase the performance of University College Bedër as well as the engagement of academic staff and students by enabling them to be involved in as many scientific research projects in the field of economics, humanities and information technology and innovation, in increasing cooperation with national and international partners, optimizing internal processes, management and control systems, staff work culture, as well as building various application platforms in medium or long term impact on the dimensions of sustainable development and innovation.
- Centre´s scope is to create a suitable environment that encourages research, education and training for sustainable development and innovation, continuous professional development of students of University College Bedër, graduate from other HEIs or individuals interested in receiving professional training;
- To organize conferences, symposia, workshops, and seminars in the field of scientific research at national and international level;
- To manage scientific journals of the institution with ISSN, BJES and BJH;
- To organize and collaborate in research programs aimed at putting the institution at the service of society;
- To encourage and support projects of a disciplinary and interdisciplinary nature between faculties and students;
- To sustain, coordinate and support publications of scientific articles by academic staff and students according to the rules proved by scientific journals;
- To follow the promotion procedures of the titles for the academic staff;
- To develop scientific research as well as promoting projects with a focus on academic staff or students, thus promoting academic research of students or cooperation with partners from the labor market;
- To set up lasting links with international partners, therefore scientific research will be put at the service of the region and beyond by implementing joint research projects with local units, universities at home and abroad.
- To organize training, research and developing partnerships in the field of computer science, IT and technology, business, or such fields of humanities as justice, education, etc., which conclude with a nationally recognized certificate or which supply the possibility of obtaining an international certificate.
- To set up partnerships with other centers /institutes, actors, and interest groups from the labor market, the business world and the IT market and computer science.
- To supply a platform for “Bedër” University College and its partners for setting up mutually beneficial links to foster and aid innovation activities and to act as a catalyst and organizer for sustainable development issues and as an incubator of ideas and projects on innovation in society.
- To support research-oriented to solve real-world problems.
To develop ideas of innovative applications and to ease collaborations and partnerships with industry, HEIs and various segments of society which influence the introduction of technological innovations and the provision of solutions for sustainable development.
Center Council Members: